SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator
The Main Man
The SolMan Classic portable solar generator is both an alternative and a complement to the gas geneartor. Clean, silent and sustainable, our flagship solar generator is ready to meet your alternative energy, off grid living, Tiny House and emergency backup power needs.
The SolMan Classic portable solar generator is an easy to move, all-in-one integrated unit. It is ready to point towards the sun on location and deliver efficient solar power for a variety of uses. This solar generator is built to last, rugged, durable and reliable.
Click the link to find out How Solar Generators Work.
Call (800) 828 - 2965 or E-Mail for a free SolMan Classic consultation!
SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator Features
|420 Watts Solar PV Inbound||Clean and Silent Operation|
|2700 Usable Watt Hours of Battery Storage Capacity||Durable Custom Metal Frame|
|1500 Watt Inverter||Bicycle Wheels for Mobility|
SolMan Portable Solar Generator Additional Features
- Easy to Use Integrated Unit: SolMan Classic portable solar generators comes ready to go, for plug and play green power. No engineering or electrical skills are needed.
- Silent Operation: Solar generators produce no sound whatsoever. The Classic won't bother your neighbors or you with gas generator noise.
- Clean Operation: Solar generators don't need gas or cans to transport. There are no fumes or exhaust to worry about.
- No Additional Costs: Once you buy a SolMan solar generator it doesn't cost anything else to run, as long as you can point it towards the sun.
- No Recurring Gasoline Costs: Solar generators don't require tanks to fill up or oil changes.
- Long Life Span: The SolMan Classic portable solar generator is designed to keep working for years if properly cared for. (10 year PV panel warranty)
- Durable: Metal casing ensures SolMan Classic portable solar generators work in rigorous off grid conditions.
- Weather Resistant: All the external plugs of our solar generator have covers and are set up for outdoor use, even in the rain. All critical components are inside and protected from the weather.
- Transportable: With ramps, the SolMan Classic portable solar generator can go with you in the back of a small van, SUV or truck. It can be laid horizontal safely.
- Mobility: 26-inch heavy-duty aluminum spoke and rubber bike tires with perfect balance allow the portable solar generator to be wheeled to any location for the best sun. Off grid and off road capable.
- Solar Tracking: SolMan Classic portable solar generators can easily be turned throughout the day for maximum sun exposure and optimal PV energy input. With manual solar tracking, you can achieve up to 30-40% more total watt hours of solar input.
Buy the SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator
SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator Uses
Off Grid Solar Power
Tiny Home Solar Power
Construction Site Power
Emergency Backup Solar Power
SolMan Classic portable solar generators are versatile and can be used in numerous locations to meet a variety of energy needs. Let us know how you see the SolMan being used on Facebook by clicking the image below.
Feedback from SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator Users
"The SolMan unit has been great—no troubles at all and it's still chugging away with the house up in the mountains. It withstood a cold winter without any problems, and we are still so happy with it."
-Merete Mueller, Tiny Home and SolMan Owner, Producer of "TINY - The Movie"
"We searched for some time for a solar PV training unit and were unimpressed with what the market had to offer. So many educational units were either toy-like, unwieldy, extremely expensive, or all of the above.
"We just received our first SolMan Classic unit from (SolSolutions) and we were quite impressed. The workmanship, the portability, and the completeness (from a solar PV systems perspective) are all top-notch. Our electrical controls lead instructor was surprised at the quality of the unit, and we’re already finding additional uses (earth-day demo for starters) for the portable solar generator beyond the classroom."
- Bill Lewis, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering Tech, Lord Fairfax Community College, Virginia.
SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator Specifications
- 12 volts DC from 140 watt PV Panel, 8 amps peak
- Expandable PV Input, with two additional 140 watt panels, for total of 420 watts
- Up to 4.2 Kilowatts of solar per day (with solar tracking)
- 12 volts DC or 120 VAC
- AC Power: 1500 watts modified sine-wave AC from Magum MM-AE 1500 watt inverter/charger
- 2100 watts surge capacity
- Three 115 amp-hr sealed gel cell deep-cycle batteries
- 345 amp/hrs total
- Blue Sky Solar Boost 3000E MPPT PV Charge Controller
- Can handle up to 25 amps or 3 PV panels
Base Unit Measurements:
- 50" height x 33" wide x 43" length
- Weighs approx. 350 lbs
With 2 PV Panel Extension:
- 50” height x 87” wide x 43” length
- Weighs approx. 400 lbs
SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator Components
- Two PV Panel Extension. Effectively triples solar input to the SolMan solar generator, reducing charging times and increasing usage rates.
- Includes two 140 watt PV panels with 6 ft cords, plugs, and removable struts
- Both panels plug into PV-in receptacle
- Brings the solar charging input to 420 watts total
- Two aluminum frame struts attach to SolMan frame easily.
- Panels attach to struts with bolts and wing-nuts, making a three panel parallel array
- Can be flipped over onto SolMan unit and moved together
- Entire unit can be moved manually for effective solar tracking
- Deep Cycle Batteries: Three 110 (330 amp-hr total) deep cycle sealed gel cell/agm batteries. No acid spills or venting. No maintenance.
- 120 Volt Magnum 1500 Watt Inverter/Charger: this unit has a built in 70 amp charger for when your batteries are down, and you have access to a gas generator or the grid, you can just plug in the unit and bring your battery bank up to full charge in as little as two hours, also has an AC transfer switch that automatically senses external power and switches load to that when on.
- Fuse Protected: 150 amp inverter fuse, triplex plug 20 amp and exterior 30 amp plug.
- Toe-Piece L on Bottom: allows for easy transport of optional external PV panel.
- Hinges: Base unit solar PV panel hinged for easy access to internal box. Latches and locks if needed.
- Two 12 Volt Auto Plugs: Plenty of places to plug in your 12-volt accessories, lights, chargers, etc.
- One heavy 30 amp marine trolling motor plug on exterior for water pumping, external battery charging, or additional external inverter.
- Array-Only Switch: to route unused, excess PV power during the day to external battery charging or water pumping.
- Blue Sky Solar Boost 3000E MPPT PV Charge Controller: can handle up to 25 amps or 3 PV panels, and Maximum Power Point Tracking gives additional 10% to 20% charging efficiency to PV input.
- Magnum Inverter Remote switch and status lights on back of unit.
- Heavy 15 amp Solar PV-in Plug: wired to solar controller for adding an external solar panels.
- Kill-a-Watt Digital Meter for instant readouts of AC volts/amps/watts and cumulative watt/hours used.
SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generator Hybrid System
Drawing heavy energy loads?
Don't have enough sun to keep up with your energy usage?
Want 24/7 Off Grid Power?
The SolMan portable solar generator can also function as a key component of a hybrid energy system that will provide electricity for off-grid living or emergency power for homes, farms or businesses. The SolMan and a gas generator are a powerful combination to guarantee power for your essential needs.
Simply plug a gas generator into the SolMan for super fast battery recharging. Use your solar generator most of the time for low to average electric uses, but if you need higher electrical output or your batteries are depleted, a gas generator can provide supplemental power and recharge your SolMan faster than the sun.
This hybrid system drastically reduces running times and costs for the gas generator, while providing 24/7, 365 days a year electricity!
Feedback on SolMan Classic Portable Solar Generators
"I just wanted to write to you and say thank you for such a wonderful product! I purchased a SolMan mobile solar generator in May 2011... for emergency use. After I purchased the unit you were very understanding at answering all my novice questions. You mentioned to me to just keep it plugged in to keep the batteries topped off, and I did.
"So this July 2016 we experienced a major power outage that went from Jackson, Wy to Idaho to Montana! My wife was very concerned about our freezers, refrigerator and our 60 gallon fish tank. It was going on four hours before I got home and I texted her not to worry because we have the SolMan. I was banking on the unit to perform.
"When I got home I ran extension cords off the back of the unit to the freezers, refrigerator and the fish tank. Perfect! The bubbles filled the tank, the lights came on inside the freezers and I had our cell phones and I-pads charging within 15 mins! And that was just on stored battery power, no sun on the panels. I couldn't wait till it got dark and unplug the freezers for the night and turn on my lamps and look over at all my neighbors burning candles for light. However the power came back on before that.
"The best investment to make if your serious about keeping your family safe in an emergency is to purchase a SOLMAN ! My family and I Thank you!"
-Brian Parker, Jackson, Wyoming